To start the 2019 campaign off with continued crushing precedent, 20 Buck Spin introduces Portland’s Ossuarium and their debut album Living Tomb. Following on the heels of the widely hailed and brutal Calcified Trophies Of Violence demo in 2017, the band’s first full length record reveals immediate maturation to ruinous and overwhelming effect.
A formidable death / doom monstrosity, where devastating sonic bludgeoning gives way to writhing hallucinations of disemboweling transcendence, Ossuarium conveys the calamitous aura of still burdened souls agonizingly leaving the mortal coil to the region of final darkness and perpetual rot. Time melts away, colorless dreams turn to endless nightmares and the pillars of eternity tremble at the dreadful permanence of the Living Tomb.
In crafting their debut album, the band creates a funereal rite of irrevocable passage to the other side. They do so with the grandiose power and putrid elegance of the best in the genre. This Living Tomb has opened to wrathful consequence and will never again rest in peace.
- Features cover art by the legendary Dan Seagrave (Morbid Angel, Nocturnus, Suffocation)
- Recorded by Greg Wilkinson at Earhammer Studios (Vastum, Undergang, Ulthar)
- For fans of Disembowelment, Runemagick, Spectral Voice, Innumerable Forms, Mournful Congregation, Lycus
02. Blaze Of Bodies
03. Vomiting Black Death
04. Corrosive Hallucinations
05. Writhing In Emptiness
06. End Of Life Dreams And Visions Pt. 1
07. Malicious Equivalence
08. End Of Life Dreams And Visions Pt. 2