For the first time on vinyl, Wargod proudly presents the soundtrack to horror cult classic, Puppet Master, scored by Richard Band.
The Puppet Master franchise defines B movie horror fun, and aside from the demonic dolls, Richard Band’s score takes center stage. Journalist Chris Alexander put it best, noting how Band was able to take “tinkling found sounds, electronic and symphonic elements and weave them into a majestic death waltz… the Puppet Master theme speaks of magic, mystery and the unknown”.
Impressively, Band was able to put it all together on a modest budget: “While having scored most of my films with orchestra up until that point, there just was not the budget for live players on this particular project. While still wanting to maintain a primarily “orchestral” approach, I needed to create a new palette of sounds that would not only be unique to this project but give it a special identity.”
Band’s haunting soundtrack has since become synonymous with the franchise and outside of a couple of cues released on a collection LP back in 2015, the scores in their entirety have never been released on vinyl before now.
- Remastered by Bill Henderson.
- Contains digital download coupon and insert contains exclusive liner notes from Richard Band.
- Puppet Master is being pressed on “Blade’s eye” vinyl (white with a black blob) which is a limited edition of 750
01. Main Title
02. Blade Enters The Hotel / The Obstacles / Toulon's Suicide
03. Toulon Remembers
04. Remembering / The Deja Vu Waltz
05. The Puppets Begin Their Stalking
06. Pinhead / Toulon / Even Puppets Have Feelings
07. The Puppets Turn on Toulon / Finale and End Title