The second release from Ondes Positive’s in-house band LARVA.
Recorded live at Flatpack Film Festival [UK] in April 2016, LARVA's re-scoring of Chris Marker's 1962 Science Fiction short 'La Jetée' sets out to re-frame the film from existential romance to abyssal fugue.
The soundtrack is scored in part for a new instrument, created specifically for this project: The Glass Chroma-Harp. Based on the Glass Armonica, a classical instrument invented by Benjamin Franklin in the 18th Century, the Chroma Harp uses glass, water and analogue tape delay to create a unique multi-timbral sound which is in keeping with the film's disturbing fatalism.
The Chroma-Harp is intonated in a colour sequence rather than with scaled notes, and the player must use intuition and improvisation in their approach.
- Vintage metal film canister with embedded USB storage device
- High quality .WAV and .MP3 format audio files
- 35mm film reel containing photo-strip
- Film canister and reel both housed in custom 35mm film boxes
- Three 10" x 8" matte photo-prints in acid-free archival envelope, created by LARVA using a 'Print-Through' re-photographic technique
- Information sheet printed on heavyweight architect paper
- USB extension cable
- Links to additional audio/visual content
- Packaged in printed storage tube
- Hand-stamped/numbered edition of 25 copies
La Jetée [1962/2016] - 26' 48"