Presented by Electric Nerve Music in association with Two Headed Dog, Kaleidoscope is a modern library record conceived by producer/multi-instrumentalist Eric Bowr under the name Broken Lamps. It sets its stage between 1968 and 1979 with a heavy dose of fuzz guitars, monophonic synth, Hammond organ and lush string sections. Moved by the works of composers like Bruno Nicolai and Piero Umiliani, Bowr has maintained a sonic vibe throughout the record that is reminiscent to early giallo, 70s exploitation and Euro cult soundtracks. While combining the use of period correct instruments and recording techniques, Kaleidoscope will take you back to a beautifully dark and creative time in music and film.
Limited three color hand screen printed fold over cover by Hauntlove.
- 180 gram black vinyl in black poly-lined sleeves
- 2 color black on red center labels
- Three color hand screen printed fold over cover (Limited Edition of 30)
- 4 color matte finished jackets on heavy weight 24 pt. stock
- High quality 4 mil poly bags
- Limited to 200 units
- Included Bandcamp download card
01. Strange Seasons
02. The Serpent and the Sparrow
03. Halls of Time
05. Room 411
06. Heaven's Devils
08. Siegfried's Atomic Hat
09. The Ritual
Review Hide Reviews
An atmospheric library triumph!
Kaleidoscope from Broken Lamps is just that: a multi-faceted spectacle of the moods and mysteries of yesteryear. Dim the lights and let this record raise the curtain on a giallo-toned advendure of library music mastery.