Parisian analogue synth sensation Michel Dupay, aka Maine, returns to the Spun Out Of Control label for his fifth release; the aptly titled ‘V’. Mostly instrumental, apart from atmospheric appearances from synth-pop singer Nina (courtesy of Aztec Records), plus vocalist Megané Hinault, this is a thrilling album of deftly crafted electronic soundscapes to both engage hearts and get heads nodding.
A cassette release on a deep blue shell, limited to 125 hand-numbered copies, ‘V’ features two bonus mixes exclusive to the format, a cover image by Michel himself, plus design and layout by Spun Out Of Control regular, Eric Adrian Lee. A download card for additional access to the complete digital files is included.
MICHEL DUPAY - EDP Wasp, EMS Synthi A, Hammond 102200, Korg MP500, Korg PE2000, Roland Juno 6, Roland RS09, Roland SH2000, SRM II The Cat, Wersi Bass Synth, Bowed Guitar, Bowed Piano, Fender Rhodes, Guitar, Piano, Pump Organ, Vibraphone, Vocals
JACQUES FEENEY - Drums & Percussion
MÉGANE HINAULT - Vocals
NINA - Vocals
Written by Michel Dupay. Produced by Secondson
Recorded at The Exchange, Sail Loft, Bywyd Studio and Cwmyoy Church, 2016-2017. Engineered by Leon West, Leone Vuetivavalagi and Thomas V Westgård. Mixed and Mastered by Leon West at the Sail Loft, Cardiff, UK.
- Includes unlimited streaming of V via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more
01. La Pluie 03:57
02. Trajection Lure 04:45
03. Ventoux 03:36
04. The World Without 05:09
05. L'autome 04:15
06. Below the Landslide (feat. Nina) 05:26
07. Now We Rise and We Are Everywhere 03:18
08. Cadence 04:45
09. There and Then 03:33
10. Walk Again 05:07
11. I Never Wanted To Write These Words Down For You 03:54
12. Chaque Étoile est un Soleil Qui se Couche 04:24
13. L'autome (Cassette Bonus Mix) 04:05
14. Cadence (Cassette Bonus Mix) 04:17