The second release from Ondes Positive’s in-house band LARVA.
Recorded live at Flatpack Film Festival [UK] in April 2016, LARVA's re-scoring of Chris Marker's 1962 Science Fiction short 'La Jetée' sets out to re-frame the film from existential romance to abyssal fugue.
The soundtrack is scored in part for a new instrument, created specifically for this project: The Glass Chroma-Harp. Based on the Glass Armonica, a classical instrument invented by Benjamin Franklin in the 18th Century, the Chroma Harp uses glass, water and analogue tape delay to create a unique multi-timbral sound which is in keeping with the film's disturbing fatalism.
The Chroma-Harp is intonated in a colour sequence rather than with scaled notes, and the player must use intuition and improvisation in their approach.
- High-Quality C-57 audio cassette with full-face printing, in hand-labelled O-Card
- Cassette B-Side features '[6102\2691] eèteJ aL' - exclusive to tape editions
- Three 5" x 7" matte photo prints in light-proof bag, selected from images created by LARVA using a 'Print-Through' re-photographic technique.
- Information sheet printed on heavyweight architect paper
- Links to additional audio/visual content
- Housed in custom 'Photo Paper' box
- Hand-numbered edition of 40 copies
Cassette Side A:
La Jetée [1962/2016] - 26' 48"
Cassette Side B:
[6102\2691] eèteJ aL - "84 '62