An underground classic! Limited edition of 500. The original motion picture soundtrack for John Carpenter's Dark Star (1974), with added bonuses that are sure to satisfy all cult sci-fi soundtrack completists of the galaxy (and beyond). This limited-edition release includes an LP and a 7". The former is a remastered version of the original motion picture soundtrack consisting of incidental music, sound effects, John Carpenter's synth experimentations, dialogue excerpts, and vintage interferences extracted directly from the film roll. The 7" is red with a yellow label circled in black (in pure beach ball alien fashion) and contains "Ode to a Bell Jar" remade by loyal Carpenter collaborator Alan Howarth (Escape from New York (1981), Christine (1983), Big Trouble in Little China (1986), They Live (1988)...), the fan favorite "Benson Arizona" remade by Dominik Hauser, the very sought-after "When Twilight Falls on NGC 891" by Martin Segundo and the Scintilla Strings (in the real world, James Clarke's "Spring Bossa" (1968)), as well as endless loops of sound effects from the movie to turn your house into your very own scout ship. Plus a very secret hidden bonus track! It all comes in slick Thermostellar Triggering packaging with brand-new artwork and invisible hyperdrive electronics -- the best way to relive the Dark Star adventure and celebrate John Carpenter's first directorial feature film, co-written by (and starring!) all-around legend Dan O'Bannon (Alien (1979), Lifeforce (1985), The Return of the Living Dead (1985)). Let there be light!
- The most comprehensive vinyl edition of the original motion picture soundtrack for John Carpenter’s first feature film, Dark Star (1974).
- For the fans of John Carpenter, sci-fi movie soundtracks, electronic experimentations, and strange vinyl releases. Also, for surfers.
- Includes the sought-after "When Twilight Falls on NGC 891" by Martin Segundo & the Scintilla Strings, for the first time ever on a John Carpenter-related release.
- Limited edition vinyl - 500 copies only.
- Eighth release from WRWTFWW Records aka We Release Whatever The Fuck We Want Records (Piero Umiliani’s Tra Scienza e Fantascienza, Pieces soundtrack, Qui Êtes-Vous Polly Maggoo? soundtrack by Michel Legrand), label founded and curated by Olivier Ducret of Mental Groove (Miss Kittin, Brodinski, Kadebostany, Donato Dozzy...) and Stephan Armleder aka The Genevan Heathen of Villa Magica Records (Genesis Breyer P-Orridge, Christian Marclay, Stephan Eicher, Sylvie Fleury & DJ Sid...)
A1. Music, Sound Effects and Dialogue Excerpts Part 1 (Remastered) (25:10)
B1. Music, Sound Effects and Dialogue Excerpts Part 2 (Remastered) (25:51)
A1. Martin Segundo and the Scintilla Strings - When Twilight Falls on NGC 891
A2. Alan Howarth - Doolittle's Solo (Remake)
A3. Loop #1
A4. Loop #2
B1. Dominik Hauser - Benson Arizona (Remake)
B2. Very secret hidden bonus track
B3. Loop #3